Outline of Esther 7

Labels: .

Esther 7:1-6 Treachery Told
- Invitation (Esther 7:1-2)
   Banquet of the Queen
   Benevolence of the Question
- Intercession (Esther 7:3-4)
   Propriety "If I have found favour in thy sight"
   Preservation "let my life be given me at my petition, and my people at my request"
   Particulars
    - Silver "we are sold, I and my people"
    - Slaughter "to be destroyed, to be slain, and to perish"
    - Slavery "if we had been sold for bondmen and bondwomen"
    - Silence "I had held my tongue"
    - Spoilage "the enemy could not countervail the king's damage"
- Indignation (Esther 7:5-6)
   Audacity of the Evildoer (Esther 7:5)
   Accusation of Esther (Esther 7:6a)
   Anxiety of the Enemy (Esther 7:6b)

Esther 7:7-10 Tables Turned
- Rage of the Monarch (Esther 7:7-8)
  Fury of Ahasuerus "the king arising from the banquet of wine in his wrath"
  Fear of Haman "he saw that there was evil determined against him by the king"
  Falling of Haman "Haman was fallen upon the bed whereon Esther was"
  Framing of Ahasuerus "Will he force the queen also before me in the house"
  Fate of Haman "they covered Haman's face"
- Retribution of the Murderer (Esther 7:9-10)
  Harbonah’s Disclosure (Esther 7:9)
  Haman’s Death (Esther 7:10)

Post a Comment