The Voices in Psalm 2

Labels: , , , , .

"Let us break Their bands asunder, and cast away Their cords from us."
Verse 3 - The voice of anarchy, spoken by the heathen

"Yet have I set My King upon My holy hill of Zion."
Verse 6 - The voice of anger, spoken by God

"Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. Ask of Me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; Thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel."
Verses 7b-9 - The voice of authority, spoken by the Father

"I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto Me."
Verses 7a - The voice of anticipation, spoken by the Son of God

"Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, and ye perish from the way, when His wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in Him."
Verse 12 - The voice of admonition, spoken by the Holy Spirit

Post a Comment